iDocSet is a tool for reading offline Apple's developer documentations (aka docsets), especially for iOS/OS X software developers.
With iDocSet, you can leave your Mac alone, reading your favorite docset on mobile devices (iPhone or iPad) anywhere, anytime.
* Support viewing developer documentation of Xcode 9.0 or later.
* Read docset package directly, use less storage space.
* Browse docset by architecture or document type or API, support filter results by keywords.
* Search multiple docsets by title or API.
* Bookmark document to iCloud, user can continue browse their favorite documents on another iOS devices.
* Auto import docsets.
iDocSet supports iDocSetHelper, AirDrop upload and iTunes file-sharing feature. When iDocSet find new docset in Documents directory, it import them automatically.
* Support app state preserve and restoration.
New!Now you can use iDocSetHelper to upload your favorite docsets to your iOS Devices. iDocSetHelper is easy to use, just select your device, select docsets, then click upload button, everything is done. (2013.8.29)
Instead of using iDocSetHelper, you can use AirDrop to upload docset package, or package and upload docsets manually as follows:
1) Open Terminal app;
2) Change current directory to ~/Library/Developer/Shared/Documentation/DocSets;
3) Package docset, for example:
docsetutil package com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiOS6.1.iOSLibrary.docset
This will produce com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiOS6.1.iOSLibrary.xar. Copy or move this file to HOME or other directory which you can import it by iTunes easily.
Note: If you already have docset package, skip this step.
1) Open iTunes app;
2) Connect iPhone/iPad to your Mac;
3) Click iPhone/iPad button;
4) Click "apps" tab;
5) In File Sharing apps, select iDocSet;
6) Click "Add…" button, add your favorite docset package.
Note: iDocSet will remove docset package when importing finished sucessful.